1. Email Haley at least two months in advance and let her know when you would like to host an open house to make sure that the office space is available. *You can choose to have the event at a different location if that suits your connections better. For example, you could host the event at your church or workplace. The Dry Bones office is the preferred location, for getting people into the space is very effective, but do what works best for your people.
2. Find a staff member AND one other board member/volunteer/friend to host the event with you. If you anticipate having more than 20 people in attendance, find a second staff member or board member/volunteer to help you host the event.
3. Determine what you want the open house to be like. Do you want to offer wine and dessert? Appetizers?
4. Make a guest list. Who do you want to know about Dry Bones? Who are you connected to that already knows about Dry Bones and could invite some of their people?
5. Invite people. Email Haley at least 6 weeks in advance to get postcard invitations printed. Invite people. If you have people’s addresses, you can send those to Haley and they can be printed on the postcards. Otherwise you’ll need to address the postcards yourself. Send the postcard invites out, create a Facebook event and invite people, and email and/or text people. The more personalized you can make the invite, the better.
6. Find dessert, food, or beverage donations if possible. Email Nikki if you are not able to find someone to contribute food or drinks for the event, and she will give you a budget to work with.
Materials to Get from DB Staff (Haley) for the Event
1. Postcard invitations
2. Volunteer brochures
3. Annual fundraiser postcards
*If you’re hosting an open house at the Dry Bones office, just check in with Haley and make sure that there are enough of #2 and #3 printed and at the office.
*We suggest having your open house last two hours.
After the Event
1. Follow up with everyone who came. Send your people a thank you not or give them a call and thank them for coming and/or donating.
2. Invite those who didn’t show up to the annual fundraiser.
Thank you so much for doing this! Please feel free to reach out to Haley if you have any questions.