We are always interested in getting churches, scout troops, schools, and other groups involved in supporting the needs of our friends living downtown.
Items that we commonly share and have an ongoing need and use for include:
- Sleeping bags (minimum 30 degree or below rated bags are most helpful)
- Backpacks (full camping and school book bag sized)
- Instant hand warmers (such as HotHands brand)
- Gently used or new tents
- Bottled water
- Canned drinks
- Black work boots (men and women’s; all sizes)
- Winter coats (black and darker colors appreciated)
- Gift certificates (i.e. – Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Subway, Chipolte, Illegal Pete’s, Wendy’s, Regal Entertainment Movie Theaters, Ross Dress for Less, King Soopers/Kroger grocery, Wal-Mart, etc) We use these as gifts, rewards, and for special occasions.
- Nice new Bibles (such as NIV leather Study Bible, Student Bibles, and Life Recovery Bibles – we give these to our friends as gifts)
- Feminine hygiene products
- Underwear (men and women’s; new, unused – all sizes)
- Polysporin (Neosporin) / Antibiotic Ointment
- Gauze, bandages, Band-Aids, etc.
- Athletic Tape
- Travel First Aid Kits
- Travel-Sized Wet Wipes
- Contact us to share your own ideas with us or to see if we currently have storage space for your items
Items that we recycle as a source of income for the operational costs of Dry Bones include:
- Printer cartridges (no laser cartridges)
- Cell phones
For details about beginning a simple and free recycling program in your office, school, home, or church for Dry Bones, contact Robbie.