Organize a Donation Drive
We are always interested in getting churches, scout troops, schools, and other groups involved in supporting the needs of the youth downtown.
Items that we commonly pass out to the youth and have an ongoing need and use for include the following:
- Sleeping bags (minimum 30 degree or below rated bags are most helpful)
- Backpacks (full camping and school book bag sized)
- Underwear (men and women’s, especially women’s right now; new, unused – all sizes)
- Instant hand warmers (such as HotHands brand)
- Bottled water
- Canned drinks
- Gently used or new tents
- Black work boots (men and women’s; all sizes)
- Winter coats (black and darker colors)
- Gift certificates (i.e. – Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Subway, Chipolte, Illegal Pete’s, Wendy’s, Regal Entertainment Movie Theaters, Ross Dress for Less, King Soopers/Kroger grocery, Wal-Mart, etc) We use these as gifts, rewards, and for special occasions.
- Nice new Bibles (such as NIV leather Study Bible, Student Bibles, and Life Recovery Bibles – we give these to our friends as gifts)
- Polysporin (Neosporin) / Antibiotic Ointment
- Gauze, bandages, Band-Aids, etc.
- Athletic Tape
- Travel First Aid Kits
- Travel-Sized Wet Wipes
- Contact us to share your own ideas with us or to see if we currently have storage space for your items
*You can also visit our Amazon Wish List to see what items we are currently in need of.
Items that we recycle as a source of income for the operational costs of Dry Bones include:
- Printer cartridges (no laser cartridges)
- Cell phones
For details about beginning a simple and free recycling program in your office, school, home, or church for Dry Bones, contact Robbie.
Cook a Meal
From time to time, our meal team needs fill-in families or groups to cook a meal for Thursday nights. If you are interested in being a substitute cook, contact us.
We also serve a meal every Monday evening to a small group that meets at the Dry Bones apartment. There are often openings available to cook this meal.
If you or your group would like to collect “spange”, or spare change, for Dry Bones, please contact us. We will send you as many metal “spange cans” as you would like in order to collect “spange” that will be used to feed, clothe, and serve youth on the streets of Denver.
Dry Bones runs purely on the gifts of families, churches, businesses, grantors, and individuals. If you would like to give financially to Dry Bones, we would be most grateful. Visit our Donation page for all of the details.
Pray for Dry Bones
Please join the Dry Bones team by committing to pray daily for:
- The thousands of kids living on the streets of this nation and Denver in particular
- The Dry Bones staff and volunteer team
- The kids that have left the street life behind and are working to build a new life