Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Referral Resources

Have you encountered someone experiencing houselessness (not necessarily a Dry Bones friend) who is looking for a particular resource? Peruse this page and see if there is anything helpful you can refer them to. As always, feel free to reach out to a Dry Bones staff member for help and guidance.


  • The City and County of Denver’s list of shelter options
    • This list has information about shelters for families and individuals, people with pets, and people experiencing domestic violence. It also has information for people seeking day shelter and supportive services.
    • Of particular importance to the Dry Bones community is the Urban Peak (303-974-2908) shelter for people 15-20 years old.
  • You can also dial 2-1-1, Mile High United Way’s Help Center. They can direct people to available resources, including shelters.

Food Assistance

  • The City and County of Denver’s informational webpage regarding food assistance
    • This page has information about food assistance programs as well as emergency food access sites.
  • Metro Caring (303-860-7200)an organization that provides free food assistance featuring a market where people can choose their own food, among other helpful services including ID assistance

ID and Documentation Assistance

  • Metro Caring (303-860-7200) – They have vouchers available that people can use to pay for an ID.
  • Colorado ID Project (303-837-1313) – a project signed to assist low-income, disabled, homeless and elderly Coloradans seeking documentation of their identity, immigration, or citizenship status

Housing Case Management

  • Colorado Coalition for the Homeless (CCH) (303-293-2217) – a nonprofit organization that helps people access affordable housing, among many other resources
    • You can find more specific CCH contact information here.
  • St. Francis Center (303-297-1577) – a nonprofit organization that helps people access affordable housing and employment programs and provides day shelter, among other things


  • Stout Street Health Center (303-293-2220) – a program of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless that provides free health services for people experiencing houselessness
    • If someone is not covered by any form of health insurance, they can call (303-312-2220) and speak with Stout Street’s Registration Team.
  • Denver Health (303-739-1211) – You can call this nurse line for guidance.

Mental Health

  • Mental Health Center of Denver (303-504-7900) – provides free mental health services for people in the community and can help people experiencing houselessness in need of mental health support access housing
  • Colorado Crisis Services (1-844-439-8255 or text “TALK” to 38255) – crisis hotline that is available 24/7/365

Phone Access

  • Assurance Wireless (1-888-321-5880) – Coloradans who utilize the following assistance programs or qualify based on income may be eligible for a free phone and data plan
    • Food Stamps/SNAP
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    • Veterans Pension benefit or Survivors Pension
    • Medicaid
    • Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8